Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Regional Forums > Australia

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Franyak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Serf

Default Portable clay wood fired oven.

Hi all, I thought i would post some pics of my portable clay wood fired oven for those of you interested in going down this path.
As i am am living in a rental i needed a portable oven that could fit through my side gate. The final dimensions are 70cm x 120cm and the dome is fireclay/sand/sugarcane mulch and the base is structural pine. I am pretty happy with how it has turned out, easy to move around and can cook 2 pizzas side by side in 1 and a half minutes, So far i have cooked 15 pizzas in a row with no problems. And the best part of the whole build is that it only cost $300 to make
Attached Thumbnails
Portable clay wood fired oven.-20140121_185823.jpg  
david s and cobblerdave like this.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:05 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Portable clay wood fired oven.

Cool... it looks good.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 AM
Master Builder

If it is fit for purpose and you are happy with how it works then it is a wonderful thing. At the cost of the build it is a very practical alternative and if you are mobile then the oven should be too.

Congratulations. I would be interested to follow the longevity of your work. I am sure that it may surprise some people.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Cool Re: Portable clay wood fired oven.

G'day
That is a really cool oven!
I have a friend who's first oven a cob like yours became garden fill under a layer of mulch, when he moved.
The secound a "paver special" built on a brick pallet was picked up and dumped in a trailer and went south, with a job move. I've always wondered how it went.
I was always disappointed he would never post what he had done on the forum.
...so to see a movable homebuilt oven is great!
Tell us more
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Serf

The only trouble i have had so far is Wasps coming and stealing clay off the oven to build there nest
Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franyak View Post
The only trouble i have had so far is Wasps coming and stealing clay off the oven to build there nest
Put a little portland in it. That will stop their offspring from coming back .

Last edited by Gulf; 02-25-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Serf

How did you make it exactly? I am looking for a cheap portable one myself. Do you have any sort of plans?