Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp

We layered the raw shrimp with chopped garlic, EVOO, and herbs. This was devoured about 30 seconds after I took this picture.
    "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Re: Shrimp

Yum! How long did it take to cook? Two minutes or so? Did you keep it in the entrance, or slide it in all the way? I have got to get some dishes like that!
    Nikki

Comment

Not long at all - I didn't time it, but just a few minutes. The pictured shrimp had their shells removed - makes them pretty, but I did a batch a week later with their shells still on and they turned out even better.

My brother in law got me those dishes. They are called cazuelas.
      "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

OP, what is 'EVOO'?

Comment

Originally posted by Puy de Dome View Post
          OP, what is 'EVOO'?
          Extra Virgin Olive Oil
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Ah, ok, thanks Les.

P de D

Comment

I love shrimp! What did you cook those in? Ceramic dish? Ditto on the question about where you placed them.
              Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

Here's my take on the dish - but sorry, no prawns/shrimps at this stage!

This is my cast iron skillet, and it took but five minutes in the oven (800f) to reach VERY hot, and I put the prawns in. The prawns were jumbo size North Atlantic ones (from Sainsbury's if you're in the uk). There were about 100 of them, and they all went.

In the skillet are garlic, chopped chillies, whole chillies and a sprinkling of 'Pimenton'.

In practice, the prawns were heated just right (they were pre-cooked, frozen and defrosted on the day), but were not very hot (spice) at all, although some tender palettes reported that they were .

I just love the colours here, and in fact, the food experience is almost as much about what the food looks like as it is the taste.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                  Extra Virgin Olive Oil
                  I'm glad that question was asked...
                  Where can I find logs? I need more!
                  Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Tim,

I got our jumbo prawns from Salisbury's too! I cooked them in a cast skillet without the chillies though! Once cooked we had them and then surf n turf.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...rub-20387.html

Originally posted by Puy de Dome View Post
                    Here's my take on the dish - but sorry, no prawns/shrimps at this stage!

This is my cast iron skillet, and it took but five minutes in the oven (800f) to reach VERY hot, and I put the prawns in. The prawns were jumbo size North Atlantic ones (from Sainsbury's if you're in the uk). There were about 100 of them, and they all went.

In the skillet are garlic, chopped chillies, whole chillies and a sprinkling of 'Pimenton'.

In practice, the prawns were heated just right (they were pre-cooked, frozen and defrosted on the day), but were not very hot (spice) at all, although some tender palettes reported that they were .

I just love the colours here, and in fact, the food experience is almost as much about what the food looks like as it is the taste.

Tim
                    Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

HA! Such an old thread, but the food looks SO fresh!

Thanks Graham... I no longer have a WFO, sadly...

Still, I do have the skillet. It's brilliant.

Comment

My favorite way is right out of the water.

Pull your pots.

Have your better half inspect

After heading the buggers pop them in a bag with some lemon or lime juice, garlic and some spices

Cook them up in a cast iron skillet in hot olive oil and enjoy as tacos or by themselves.

Comment

Mmmm, real food!

Comment

When's your next trip - can I come?

The shrimps look awesome!

Comment

Season opens April 14th! But I probably won't get the boat out until the end of May at the soonest.

Comment

Working...
                              X