Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Apprentice

Default Offset Dome Gauge

In my research through the forum, I came across a dome gauge which was offset from the center. I understand it was made so it wasn't necessary to adjust as the rows increased. Can anyone point me to that information? I have been unable to find it again. Thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Serf

Default Re: Offset Dome Gauge

Do a search for the "Indespensible tool". THere are several variations on this site.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Apprentice

I finally found the thread about the offset gauge. "drseward" is a member of this forum and he posted on 08-20-09 about the dome gauge. I couldnt figure out how to attach the thread, but it's worth looking at after a search. I think the thread was about "Colorado Build".
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Offset Dome Gauge

rodeair

Quote:
I couldnt figure out how to attach the thread,
When you have the page displayed on your screen, 'copy' the address and simply 'paste' it in your posting.
The software will recognise it as an address and change the format to a different font and colour

Cheers

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:33 AM

Or you can use the "globe" icon over the box where you type to link a specific word or sentence to your copied URL.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Offset Dome Gauge

Thanks for that one David,
I still live and learn especially on this forum

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 12-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

An offset dome gauge is designed to adjust to a changing dome angle (ie: catenary), as opposed to a non-adjustable, centered gauge which is designed to build a true hemispherical dome. Many builders seek a 'flatter dome' oven profile but as Dmun mentioned, if a hemispherical gauge is adjusted enough, a dimpled dome peak results.
Kebwi's graph is one of the best in representing an adjustable, offset gauge. His thread, http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html (36" in Seattle) is also one of the most comprehensive threads here, with many, many questions and answers to everything WFO.

Thanks Dmun, the globe thing worked great.
Attached Thumbnails
Offset Dome Gauge-kebwi-dome-profile.jpg