Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Apprentice

Default mixing trowel

I ground off flat the area shown on the tip of the trowel which now helps for mixing my mortar. You can scrape the bottom of the bucket with the point gone. No use saving my sales receipt on this trowel now.....wayne

and this micro fibre rag is the cats meow for cleaning mortar off bricks....the gunk doesn't spread all over the rag to easily so you have lots of clean spots on rag to turn to and then it cleans super easy in cold water as the gunk seems to hang on all the hairy fibers
Attached Thumbnails
mixing trowel-img_1279.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by waynebergman; 10-17-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: mixing trowel

I almost bought one of those towels Wayne.

I've been using a old worn out towel....kind of hit-or-miss.

Thanks for the info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wayne,
Your entry is really nice!

Updated!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Serf

Ken, your photos are awsome, very helpful to share with my family who are coming Saturday to begin the dome! Hope to see more, thanks, Judy
Old 10-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Where did you get the microfiber rag? It sounds like it's a lot better than my big HD sponge.

We are also starting to grout our first bathroom remodel, and it sounds like it would work there also for the final tile clean up.
James

Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Where did you get the microfiber rag? It sounds like it's a lot better than my big HD sponge.

We are also starting to grout our first bathroom remodel, and it sounds like it would work there also for the final tile clean up.
James
I saw some on sale at HD James. 2 for 5 dollars .... i think

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Journeyman

Great suggestion.
For those getting ready to buy a trowel this (picture) is called a margin trowel and works excellent for this type of work. These are stainless steel but Marshalltown makes very good steel ones. When buying one make sure you can see the weld ghost on the underside this is a sign of a good weld, and makes a difference in price. The others will break or bend at the attachment point after a few uses.
Attached Thumbnails
mixing trowel-margintrowelblue.jpg