Old 10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Apprentice

Default flexy brick sander

Looking for a flexable something to shape and smooth out the mortar application on yesterdays post. The grinding wheel for my angle grinder made for brick is too stiff for the results I was looking for. I bought today one 4" and one 5" 24grit sanding pad I used them both mounted back to back for the flextion I was looking for. Ment for wood but its so coarse it will do the trick (wont last as long as masonary specific products, but nothing out there that is flexable to grind the shape I need). Mounted them as shown (without the rubber backing attachment as its too stiff) and you get a nice flexable edge. It grinds like a hot dangy......wayne

each sanding pad only cost a $1.29...bonus
Attached Thumbnails
flexy brick sander-img_1284.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by waynebergman; 10-18-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: flexy brick sander

Wayne,

I bought a 6 or 8 inch wheel at Lowes - it was very fexible and did a pretty good job on mortar. It was all purpose, not specific to masonry.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I was wondering how I was gonna get all that mortar off that I left on the inside the other night. I was rudely interrupted by a fall, and I sure left a bunch on the bricks that I had laid....

Thanks guys!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Master Builder

Looked like a minor fall to me...

Old 10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
Looked like a minor fall to me...
quiet christo...............

but i do need to remove some mortar.

My costs:

My pics: