Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Laborer

Talking ceramic fiberboard

High friends
I need to ask a couple of questions. I am using the ceramic fiberboard to put my floor, and soldier course on. I just found out that the Ceramic fiberboard is on its way and should be here Friday. My question is when you cut out the ceramic fiberboard do you cut it the same size as your soldier course or do you cut it a little larger like maybe 1Ēor so. My soldier course will be on top of the ceramic fiberboard, not on floor. I have everything it takes to complete my WFO I should be able to start on it Saturday. Iíll be sending photos of my progress.
Huck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: ceramic fiberboard

I don't think it really makes a difference if you are using an insulating blanket to cover the dome. If you cut the board so that it is flush with the brick then your dome blanket will need to come down to the hearth slab. If you leave the board 1"+ wider than the brick, your blanket can come down to the board. Either way you will not have a gap in the insulation. I believe I cut my board flush with the brick then brought the dome blanket down to the hearth slab. I have no issues with heat loss.