Old 01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Laborer

Default 48 inch forest of dean UK

just starting out on my first ever WFO build with no Knowledge about bricks at all except what i have learned here comments welcome
Sophias - Photos | Facebook
Old 01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 48 inch forest of dean UK

Deja vu?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Laborer

just thought i might get more feedback in this thread than commercial ovens ? as some one who never laid a brick much less cut tapperd ones i just want to get as much feedback as i go along so as not to end up having to un do anything mind the premix i got from kiln linings doesent seem to set at all after 5 days you can just pull a little and the arch came out and the bricks are growing a white fur ??
Old 01-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallholder123 View Post
the premix i got from kiln linings doesent seem to set at all after 5 days you can just pull a little and the arch came out and the bricks are growing a white fur ??
The premix sounds wrong, the premix I use air sets in about 10 to 15 minutes, sounds like your stuff will only set when fired which is no good for your build.

The white fur is efflorescence, its basically salt which is most likely in your water, chlorine is a salt, does your water smell like a swimming pool?

Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Laborer

not quite like a pool but there is a high lime scale in the water ..does that mean if i do carry on and build carefully it will all set hard after a firing ?? or mayby get the heat gun out to semi set ?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallholder123 View Post
..does that mean if i do carry on and build carefully it will all set hard after a firing ?? or mayby get the heat gun out to semi set ?
Sounds like a lot of work to come unstuck right at the end if it doesnt set with fire?

Id be looking for some airset glue myself.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Laborer

this is the blurb from the site i got it from i was thinking as there is no heat in the room mayby thats affecting it ?? and mayby my bricks ,sometimes being soaked overnight is causing the bricks not to set .. some seem fine others are not ??? KilnLInings Wet Air Setting Cement, this product is for jointing any of the bricks we supply, we suggest 1 tub/75 bricks. Though this depends how sparingly the product is used. The cement can withstand service temperatures up to 1600C. Material safety data sheets are available on request as too are Technical data sheets. Please be aware this product is an "irritant". Our KLW A.S.C cement comes in a 25Kg Tub.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Obviously something is not right then after reading that.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Laborer

ill say had to compleatly redo the entire archs and try a hot air gun in the next couple of days when it gets here and had a big set back as i got a new blade but on 20 m not 22.2 so bored it out a little and it must be a little out as when you put the brick up to it all you get is wobble wobble doh
Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Laborer

what about a mix of brick dust cement fie clay and this wet air cement mixed ? any thoughts