Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Design Styles, Chimneys and Finish

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...

Just simply gorgeous Fances!!!
Travis
Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you Travis!

Well people, this is it... It is finished, completed, done, ended. Every last little white bit is coverd with little coloured bits.

Well, appart from the chimney roof thingy that is, still wondering what to do there.

Anyway, here are some pics of the final bits of mosaic...
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaiks13-004.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-008.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaiks13-005.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-002.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-010.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

This is the last little bit which I finally did this morning after staring at it aprihensively for three days... I'll really feel a bit lost without an oven to work on.
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-011.jpg  

Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok, and now here are about 3000 beauty shots.

I think I'll spend the rest of they day pasting them all over the forum...
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-013.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-014.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-027.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-028.jpg  
tibort likes this.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Some from the other side...
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-019.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-020.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-012.jpg  

Old 11-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

From above...
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-021.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-022.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-023.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-024.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaics14-025.jpg  

Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Frances, it is absolutely beautiful. I love the way the front looks sort of flame-like.

Did some of the mosaic escape into the neighbor's yard? In the blimp shot I see stripes next door!

And I see what can occupy your time next. An unfinished barbeque. Add a tandoori oven and you're set! Just think of the mosaic potential... Too bad you already have a non-ugly blue jug to put your peels in. I still have to go rescue the ugly yellow one from the junk shop. Then I have to find old plates to tile it with... Since winter is really, truly here (at least for the next couple of weeks) I can't do any more with the oven. It'll have to wait until spring to be really finished.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Journeyman

Absolutely spectacular, Frances! Congratulations!

My five year old daughter is VERY appreciative as well. As the pictures came up, she jumped and clapped her hands, and said, "Cool! Mommy, let's cover our oven in colors and sparkles, too!" I have a lot to live up to, now.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Journeyman

"I think I'll spend the rest of they day pasting them all over the forum... "

I really cracked up when I saw the aerial pix! Now if only I could get a view from a small dog's perspective....
Old 11-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just FABULOUS!

...and that's all I got to say about that!

Updated!