Pompeii DIY Brick Oven Kits Start at $1650.
The Pompeii DIY brick oven kits are mid-sized modular pizza oven kits sold by Forno Bravo. Unlike our other oven pizza oven kits, the Pompeii DIY brick oven requires a good masonry skill set to construct. The kit provides the essential (and often hard to find) materials you need to build the brick pizza oven described in the popular Forno Bravo Pompeii Oven eBook (available for free in our on-line store).
The Pompeii Pizza Oven Kit is the right solution for any brick oven builder, who wants to save the time and hassle of locating all the pieces for the Pompeii Oven locally, and who wants to be sure to purchase the right items. There are many types of brick, firebrick, mortar and insulation, and the Pompeii Oven Kit is comprised of the exact items you need. Further, many backyard oven builders are limited to using Portland cement-based mortar and loose, less efficient insulators, such as vermiculite and perlite. While these old-fashioned items are functional, they are not as durable as modern materials and do not perform—or last—as well as state-of-the-art materials.
To see some brick ovens built with our plans, check out the Pompeii Brick Oven Photo Gallery.
Pompeii DIY brick oven kit:
- Two designs: 36″ and 44″ cooking surfaces;
- You can bake 5 pizzas at a time;
- Designed for outdoors as a wood fired pizza oven;
- Customizable to suit your specific design.
Pompeii DIY brick oven kit includes:
- CD Rom with complete instructions on how to build the oven;
- Enough medium duty 9”x4.5”x2.5” firebricks to build the oven dome and vent;
- Medium duty 18”x18”x2” firebricks for the cooking floor;
- High temp, waterproof mortar;
- Ultra-premium insulation blankets for the dome;
- Ultra-premium insulation boards to below the floor.
Optional for Pompeii DIY brick oven kit:
Pompeii Five Core Technologies:
- Specially sourced industrial grade medium duty firebrick are 38% alumina, 134 lb density and are rated to 2,500ºF.
- NSF4 certified 2″ oven floor is constructed using large 18”x18”x2” ultra-premium (2,700 psi compressed and 2,650ºF kiln-fired) baking tiles with Cordierite — for superior thermal shock resistance and durability, and for great pizza baking.
- Ultra-premium insulation, both in quality and thickness, for outstanding heat retention. Each pizza oven includes a minimum of 3” of high-tech ceramic blanket dome insulation and 2” of ceramic board floor insulation — eliminating the need for old-fashioned and inefficient vermiculite or Perlite-based insulating concrete.
Pompeii DIY brick oven summary:
The Pompeii Pizza Oven Kits are very reasonably priced. We purchase in bulk from a large refractory producer, we private label the products, and we pass the savings on to our builder community. Check around; we think you will find that our price meets, or beats, the best prices you can find locally—even after extensive shopping, driving, and turning to multiple suppliers.
This project does require masonry skill, we suggest you check out our online Forum with many who have taken on this project sharing their experience. If you think it is too much for you, we have other options for your home pizza oven.
Would like to learn more about pizza ovens?
|Oven||Cooking Surface||Area (sq. in.)||Heat Up (min)||Pizzas (10")||Shop Now|
|Pompeii90 DIY Brick Oven Kit||Cooking Surface: 35.4" x "||Area (sq. in.): 1116||Heat Up (min): 60||Pizzas (10"): 2-3||$1,650|
|Pompeii110 DIY Brick Oven Kit||Cooking Surface: 43.2" x "||Area (sq. in.): 1472.5||Heat Up (min): N/A||Pizzas (10"): 4-5||$1,800|
Prices and Ordering
All ovens include the oven, thermometer, 3″ dome insulation, 2″ floor insulation, high temp mortar, and chimney.