Joseph Calcagno was born and raised in the beautiful Hudson Valley of New York, where his father and grandfather were pizzeria owners. Aside from being an avid pizza and bread enthusiast, he works professionally as an Ophthalmology Technician in the New York Capital Region. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications from the College at Oneonta and an Ophthalmic Medical Technician Certification from Duke University School of Medicine. His passions and hobbies include writing, cooking Italian cuisine, philanthropy, theater, martial arts and exploring farmers markets. He resides in Clifton Park, New York.
More Articles by Joseph Calcagno
- Guest Column: An Important Slice of Life
- Guest Column: The “Golden Age of Pizza”
- Guest Column, Joseph Calcagno, A Pizza Journey to King Arthur Flour’s Baking Center
- Guest Column: Tomato Pie and “The City that God Forgot”
- Guest Column: New Haven Pizza in the Summer
- Guest Column: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
- Three Life Lessons from Pizza
Pizza Quest Info
Pizza Quest is a site dedicated to the exploration of artisanship in all forms, wherever we find it, but especially through the literal and metaphorical image of pizza. As we share our own quest for the perfect pizza we invite all of you to join us and share your journeys too. We have discovered that you never know what engaging roads and side paths will reveal themselves on this quest, but we do know that there are many kindred spirits out there, passionate artisans, doing all sorts of amazing things. These are the stories we want to discover, and we invite you to jump on the proverbial bus and join us on this, our never ending pizza quest.
...and other books by Peter Reinhart, available on Amazon.com