Toggle Photo Gallery Navigation
Home

Toggle Hearth and Stand - BBQ and Smoker as a Hearth
Click to view original

Toggle Information
Posted By Randall Braaksma [Profile] [Photo Gallery]
Category Hearth and Stand
Title BBQ and Smoker as a Hearth
Description I decided to take a chance and use the Hearth as a BBQ/Smoker since I was planning to have the Pizza / Bread oven on both wood and LPG.
I've incorporated a vent which will connect the two chambers at the back and also serve as an ash dump into the back of the BBQ. As you can see I'm planning to have a sliding stainless box installed to catch the ashes for easy clean up.
This is my first Brick project and so far I've spent lots of time in both planning and construction. I'm reaching the last layer of the cement slab for leveling purposes and then I'll be starting the layout of the fire bricks on the 25mm ceramic fiber board I've purchased.

I can use all the comments and help anyone can give as this is my first project of this kind. As a matter of fact? The BBQ/Smoker is constructed of standard this cinder block totally filled and rebarred, foil wrapped ceramic fiber blanket encased in light crete and galvanized mesh, 1/2 cut (lengthwise) firebrick layed somewhat symetrically as the final interior.

All this was simply, practice for the dome and arch that I will soon start and might need advice on.

Any takers?

Regards

Alex
Original Filesize 1.00 MB
Original Dimensions 1836 x 3264
Date Posted 04-26-2014 11:45 PM
Number Of Views 131