Toggle Photo Gallery Navigation
Home

Toggle Pizza - first event of the year
Click to view original

Toggle Information
Posted By mrgweeto [Profile] [Photo Gallery]
Category Pizza
Title first event of the year
Description Well the weather in CT finally was warm enough to start the oven for the first time this year. What better way than to celebrate our folks 65th wedding anniversary and our mothers 84th birthday. 12 people 11 large pies and 1 gallon of home made wine later all were full and more purple than they started. We did a slow start up with the fire to get all the moisture out from the winter. What we did was to cook the pizza a little longer and at a cooler temp. 90 secs we found did not get the dough crusty enough because the topping would get done too fast. At about 2 - 3 mins the pies were fantastic. Nice crunch to the dough yet light and airy. I didn't have my fill because the cooks always get left out of the mix. I did take a piece now and then but this weekend I think a couple of couples and I will make one pie at a time sit down like a civilized people do and break bread with my friends then get up and cook another etc etc. ENJOY THE PIZZA SEASON ALL MY COLD WEATHER OVEN OWNERS.
Guy
Original Filesize 334.9 KB
Original Dimensions 622 x 467
Date Posted 04-29-2013 09:05 AM
Number Of Views 496