Old 08-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Master Builder

Default Ventilation for enclosure

Is ventilation needed for walled enclosure WFO's? If so, how much is appropriate?

I put a small, 4 inch, round passive vent in the back of my gable styled enclosure.

Is that enough, or do you think I should figure out a way to get more in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Ventilation for enclosure

I am not aware of any standards or rules of thumb for this. My oven is so cool that I would be amazed if any ventilation was necessary. Still, it shouldn't hurt so long as no critters get in and no rain/ice. I would think what you have is quite ample!

Jay
Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

My gable roof oven doesn't have any vents. But there are plenty of crevices and gaps under the eaves, at the roof peak, etc.

I think that as long as the enclosure is not sealed and airtight, you'll be good to go. Your 4" vent is definitely plenty.

Updated!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Master Builder

Great! That's the advice I wanted to hear.