Old 04-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Vent crack - me too :(

This developed during the last few weeks.

It doesn't seem to get bigger when the oven is hot - though I'm not sure if that fact should be a comfort or something to worry about.

The vent is out of a castable refactory material that was very liquid and black when mixed, and it is supporting a rather heavy chimney. That wall of the vent is actually rather thin, with most of the weight resting on the bricks of the oven entry.

The last pic is of my arch crack, which ran all along the the concrete covering when the oven was hot. You can't see it because I painted over the top hoping that the paint will fill it up...

I don't see there's much I can do about it, and I'm not specially worried if it doesn't get bigger, but ...what does everybody think?
Attached Thumbnails
Vent crack - me too :(-cracks-003.jpg   Vent crack - me too :(-cracks-010.jpg   Vent crack - me too :(-cracks-011.jpg  
Old 04-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Vent crack - me too :(

Seems like we are a little obsessed with perfection. If my crack was as small an noticeable as yours I would be delighted. Also nice finish on the arch!

Hang tough, we'll be here for you if things worsen!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks talisker. Yep, obsessed about covers it...

...and if the vent does colapse, you'll all be the first to hear about it
Old 04-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Don't sweat it Frances.
Mine has several cracks... Heck even a brick fell out... (still need to repair it), but she cooks like a beauty!

I'll take a few snapshots this weekend to make you feel better.

I'm still loving your swirlies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics: