Old 03-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Serf

Default Toscana finish styles design- which is best

I am wondering if there are any recommendations on the finish shape of a pre fab oven?
I am looking at the Toscano 100 pre fab. The oven will be outside in Pennsylvania.

Igloo? Hipped? or Gable? would one finish be better to protect the oven from the weather elements - We get rain, snow and wind.

I really do not want to have to cover it like a grill.

Thanks
Tracy
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Toscana finish styles design- which is best

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr-dmd View Post
I am wondering if there are any recommendations on the finish shape of a pre fab oven?
Whether it's pre-fab or hand-built really doesn't matter to the enclosure. Your environment is more important. If I were in a rainy area, I'd probably go for a gabled house just because I don't trust stucco in wet climates, and that would eliminate the igloo shape. And I like people trying to stick their head in my oven while it's burning to see whether it's really a dome inside.