Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Apprentice

Default Stainless Steel Front Entry

Need some help. I have covered my oven in metal lather in preparation for stucco. I have carried the insulation to cover the chimney area but I am at a los whether to secure with metal lathe or concrete board/hardibacker. The metal lathe is exactly easy to work worth to create smooth crisp lines around my chimney area. Where should I proceed from here? I have ttached some pictures so everyone can visualize what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Stainless Steel Front Entry-dscn1952.jpg   Stainless Steel Front Entry-dscn1964.jpg  
Old 09-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Stainless Steel Front Entry

I can't see any insulation in your pics. You can secure the blanket's form with some mesh. Most folk then give it a layer of vermicrete to even out all the lumps and bumps, then do a layer of stucco. Or are you intending to build a dog kennel over the thing? Either way you may as well cover the entry in blanket too.

Last edited by david s; 09-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Apprentice

David,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to show pictures of the metal (dog house) that was supplied by FB for the build before I attached the metal lathe. I went ahead & attached the lathe over the insulation and around the chimney area.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkgator View Post
I wanted to show pictures of the metal (dog house) that was supplied by FB for the build before I attached the metal lathe.
Seriously?
Supplied from Forno Bravo?
It looks like the first year apprentice made it as a homework project.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.