Old 06-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Apprentice

Default Oil lamps

I've been thinking lately about how to light my oven. We didn't want to run electricity to the oven, so that's not an option. I suppose I could just use flash lights and lanterns if it's dark, but I was also thinking that oil lamps would look really classic against the oven. I was thinking of a ship lantern hanging from a hook or perhaps a miner's safety lamp from Vermont Lanterns. I'm not really sure how much light they put out, so I may need a flashlight anyhow, but I just like the look of them.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Oil lamps

Papa,

I have just been having the same conversation in my head. I dohave power close to the build but I like the idea od the latern. Have you finished your oven yet?? Or are you still planning. I am going to check out Vermont Lanterns it sound interesting. I know I am addicted I did some rebar work by TIKI torch last night around 11:15

Peter
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Apprentice

Peter,

I haven't finished my oven yet. I'm building the oven floor and starting the dome this week. I haven't settled on a design, but I know I like the look of the lanterns. So that may lead my design in a particular direction.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Apprentice

You are well ahead of me I will watch your build with great interest. Yes I have been known to "stalk" but just a little.

Peter
Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Apprentice

I like that idea too.. maybe a couple lanterns, one on each side of the stove.. hmmm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Apprentice

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I keep thinking of a European street scene with buildings made of stone and large timbers with oil lamps next to the entryways.
Or something like Threedi's build.
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...e-uk-7017.html (Oven in North Yorkshire UK)

Last edited by papavino; 06-30-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added link