Old 05-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Journeyman

Default Metal Pipe v Ceramic Liner

Can anyone tell me if there is a draw difference between using a pipe and a chimney liner for one's chimney? Currently I am using 6ft of ceramic chimney liner and am happy with the draw, but if a wind kicks up, all bets are off. I had read on another post where someone was asserting that the metal pipe draw would be better because it heats up faster. It made some sense to me at the early stages of firng up the oven, but at somepoint the liner would match the temp of the metal nutralizing that particular advantage. Are there other sustainable reasons a steel pipe might draw better than the ceramic liner?

Thanks for any thoughts,
Jim
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Metal Pipe v Ceramic Liner

I use a steel pipe.
The draw is hit and miss.
It does heat up fast for a good draw...
But it also cools fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics: