Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Serf

Default House Brick Arch

Gentlemen,

Been lurking around here for a bit now and like most others have finally taken the plunge.

In an effort to blend in with my house and what I am proposing I want to use the same bricks as my house for a veneer around the base block work and the chimney.

So, the inner arch will be out of firebricks but I am wondering if I can build the outer arch and chimney from extruded house bricks (the ones with holes in them).

Thoughts and ideas welcomed.

Cheers,

vanoontour.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: House Brick Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanoontour View Post
So, the inner arch will be out of firebricks but I am wondering if I can build the outer arch and chimney from extruded house bricks (the ones with holes in them).
Not a problem at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: House Brick Arch

Gudday
Yes I built my entrance way from a mix of brick commons (solids) and house ( extruded with holes). Its been in use for 2 odd years now with no probs and only a very small crack between the inner arch and entrance. Its only on the inside and not external and noticeable. Yes I did use the homebrew mortar on the entrance as well.
I also used layers of brick on the edge of the stand to caste my top and hide the insulation layer.. you don't need formwork that has to be removed later.

Regards Dave

My Build

My Door