Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Hipped roof framing

Here is the start of the framing for the hipped roof over the Artigiano. The angle on the hip starts right at the top of the vent, goes back and then up.

We are trying to get a look that will look good with the design of the fireplace. They are both going to be stuccoed to match each other and the house. The fireplace is masonry, so we are going to grind out a little curve in the hip, but the stud/hardibacker framing will have to be liner -- though we are going to bullnose the corners.

More to come.
James
Attached Thumbnails
Hipped roof framing-img_0351.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Hipped roof framing

I was wondering what the horizontal vent pipe was, until i figured out that it was just sitting there.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

That's funny -- I didn't notice that. I've invented a side venting pizza oven. :-)
James

Old 02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmun View Post
I was wondering what the horizontal vent pipe was, until i figured out that it was just sitting there.
Nope, that pipe goes directly to the septic system. That way you can flush those early bad pizzas without ever having to look at them.

James has invented the Toilet Pizza Oven

Bruce
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Apprentice

James,

Do you have any more details on the hipped roof design? I want to do this to my oven but might not come to the center of the roof with the vent. I'm not sure how it would look with the vent coming straight up but I think it would be pretty cool...

Thanks,
Bob

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!