Old 10-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Forno Bravo Door

Forno Bravo is gearing up to make a steel front door for Pompeii Oven builders. The door is 19"W x 12"H at the top of the curve, and starts to curve upward at 10"H. This will allow it to work with both flat, lintel-based openings, and curved openings. They are painted black, and have a scrolled handle that holds the door in place to seal closed your oven and holds it upright when it is sitting on a counter.

They look like the door you see in the Casa graphic here: http://fornobravo.com/residential_pi...izza_oven.html

Before we have the first batch made, I wanted to double check that this size sounds good to a majority of you. We are having them made by the same company that makes our Cucina oven stand (who luckily is related to someone who works for Forno Bravo), so we know they will come out nice.

Let me know what you think of the size. They will be in the Forno Bravo Store shortly.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Apprentice

Default Looks nice, but not my size. . .

I need something that is 9 X 18". I think I'll have to make it out of wood with insulation. Getting a good seal will be a challenge.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Seal

Fio,

I made my own door, VERY carefully. However, it still does not seal entirely unless I lean a spare brick against it. Sometimes, simple is good.

Jim
Old 12-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Forno Bravo Door

James

My door is a cast metal door with twin sliding dampers on the bottom and a peep hole above. It is a commercial variety I believe was made in Spain. I am hoping to use the peep hole to make steam. It has two wooden handles perpendicular to the flat door and two small feet to keep it in place. It mates to a angle iron frame on the oven. I use two small wooden wedges under the feet to keep it in place.

39 cm wide, 37 cm high....

I can send pictures in a week when I get my camera if interested.

Jim
Old 12-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Oven Door Photo

Here is the shot of the door to my oven.
Attached Thumbnails
Forno Bravo Door-web-door.jpg  
Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default XJ Door

Okay, now it's painted and I varnished the handles...looks a lot better!
Attached Thumbnails
Forno Bravo Door-painted-door.jpg  

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Serf

So is this door supposed to be for the oven itself (meaning behind the vent) or the opening to the vent/landing area. I'm trying to figure out if I should change my oven door opening dimension so that I can use the door there but then I would have to insulate it somehow to make it work.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Serf

Good design and decorative make people attract to u.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Serf

James
Can you purchase the door on its owen?
Tony
Old 01-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Hebel door?

Hello people,
Anyone used lightweight concrete (Hebel) to form a door. My current door is a concrete door which I boxed and poured myself. It seals really well and the only reason I'm thinking of another alternative is that the door weighs a ton!!! Hebel panels are around 75mm thick and can be cut and shaped with a diamond blade. They are supposed to have good insulating properties too. Whar do you think? Happy cooking,
Geoff