Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Peasant

Default Cinderblock to cementboard transition

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who has done the steel framing to box in the oven has had any problem with cracks in a stucco finish? Someone mentioned having the blocks go up to a certain point and then meeting the cement board will cause a crack along the joint.

thanks,

David
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Cinderblock to cementboard transition

David,

I did exactly as you described and didn't have any problems with the transition. Make sure you tape the gap between the concrete blocks and cement board. Also, tape ALL cement board seams.

A have a few small stucco cracks in the back of my enclosure where I didn't bother taping the seams (oops).

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Master Builder

I did the same - no issues -

I used fiberglass tape at the transistion of the two materials and then used fiber reinforced render to coat the two surfaces (surface bonding cement).

On top of that I put a final coat of a flexible stucco and it's looking great in year two.

Christo

Old 04-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Peasant

Thanks guys, that makes for a little less worrying on my part, just finished the framing and going to start snapping the hardibacker today.