Old 09-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Why we did the Pompeii Oven

I am at a loss when it comes to the chimney. first of all do I need a pipe or a flue or can I just build the chimney from firebricks? I've seen many posts and wesites where no pipe was used, then how does the draw work with a brick chimney/

Thanks

Eddie
Old 09-25-2008, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Chimney question

There's no reason why you couldn't build your chimney liner out of firebrick, but refractory flue tile is so cheap that it doesn't make sense to do so.

You could build an oven without a chimney entirely, but keeping the smoke out of your face while firetending and cooking is an advantage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Chimney question

Thank you.
I am in favor of a flue tile over a pipe, however, one of the reasons I was asking is that I could not get one here in Jacksonville, the brick company that I bought the firebricks from have flue liner bigger than my oven.
thanks again