Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Chimney pots

Has anyone used one of these? Clay Chimney Pots

They're very attractive. I just haven't figured out how to make one work on top of my (as yet) non-existent flue. I also don't know how expensive they are... but they look really cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Chimney pots

Superior clay isn't shy about pricing their products. The only thing of theirs I ever bought was a rumford throat for a fireplace, and I gasped when I heard the price. The good thing is that the modern chimney caps are sized exactly to fit over the protruding flue tile at the top of your chimney. Many styles come in two sizes so you can have an 8 by 8 oven flue and a 8 by 12 fireplace flue with complementary chimney caps. They are also made from refractory clay, unlike the old ones which are pretty much plain terra cotta.

Hey! HEADS UP! here's one in N. VA. on craigslist today, for 150usd, which when I was googling around is super cheap.

antique chimney pot
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM

As usual, the UK has us beat in all things masonry (except firebrick pricing)

The Chimney Pot Shop Product 1
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Did you see these ones?

No9 Studio UK - Product Range - Chimneys
Chimney Pots from ChimneyPot.com –

Alas, too much for my budget to bear... but I would have loved to have one of those dragon chimneys on my oven!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sigh. Too much for my budget to bear as well.. But they're lovely. I'll just have to keep my eyes open and work out a way to accomodate one later if it falls into my hands.

My husband wants me to make what he calls a "venetian style one". I'll have to get him to find me a picture, because I don't remember what they looked like. (I was too busy looking at the mosaic fronts on the houses to see the chimneys!)