Old 03-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Serf

Question Chimney???

well its alittle ways down the line but i am already planning for my chimney. i love the duratech but its real $$$ has anyone ever used 6" pipe from home depot (used for furnace exaust in homes ) i need to have about a six foot chimney thanks for any ideas
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Chimney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey View Post
has anyone ever used 6" pipe from home depot (used for furnace exaust in homes )
Don't know if anyone has used it, but that product is made for HVAC - it would be a stretch for it to survive the temps you will throw at it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 PM

Yep, don't use single wall. It will rot out in three seasons. Whether you use the galvanized hvac stuff, or the black stuff made for stove pipe, it won't withstand the corrosive flue gasses.

Now, if you use it temporarily while you plan and save for your beautiful masonry chimney, well that is another story.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Laborer

Start monitoring Craig's List now. You will likely find someone selling duratech sections at a more cost effective price.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Serf

thanks great idea
Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I bought the Duratech system from FB and I'm happy I did. Money well spent.

Updated!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I found my Duratech on ebay, the pipe was retail pricing with no tax or shipping, the flange and spark arrestor cap cam from another seller.....for almost nothing, I was the only bidder on both and I think I only paid 9.99 for each. I also found my 2" insulfrax blanket on ebay for only $20 plus another $20 for shipping. Retail at the time was over $125 for the very same roll. it pays to check ever day you are planning....the deals come and go.

RT