Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 AM
Serf

Default Brick or Stainless

Hello

does anyone know if it ok to just have a brick flue or does it that to be stainless so that it draws properly?

Thanks
Daryl
Old 07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Brick or Stainless

Gudday
I have a brick chimney and it serves the purpose of keeping the smoke away from my face and out over my head.
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The first chimneys were all brick and they worked just fine, Ive a brick chimney on my oven and it draws like a beauty.

Stainless in the quick and easy solution, plus it saves a heap of weight which has to be accounted for when designing an oven with a brick chimney.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Apprentice

If you were to use stainless along with a gable roof enclosure how would you flash the outside of the pipe would you need double or triple wall pipe
Old 07-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A double walled flue should be fine, flash it with a dektite.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I used double wall with a gabled roof. I built a chimney chase around the pipe, and flashed the top with a chase cover and storm collar. Seems to be working fine. I think it depends on the look you want.
Brick or Stainless-wp_000299.jpg

This picture is before the storm collar went on, but with the chase and chase flashing

Last edited by deejayoh; 07-19-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Apprentice

If the oven is outdoors and is not within reach of curious fingers, the flue can be single walled. I use a 6 inch simple single wall sheetmetal and it lasts about 2 years before crumbling away.