Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Serf

Default Waterproof!!!!!

I have a couple questions i would like to be answered before i proceed...

1. I am looking for a waterproof product. Iv already applied my first layer of stucco and am wanting to do a waterproof product then my final color coat of stucco.(is that right?/a good idea?)

2.Also iv been reading about when to start doing fires to force the moisture out and cure the oven. iv heard do it before you stucco is that correct? iv already got one coat of stucco on. should i do my 7 days of fires now or just finish with the waterproof product and color coat then do my fires?

Please comment. Anything will help.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Waterproof!!!!!-imag0020.jpg  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Waterproof!!!!!

The more waterproof your enclosure, the harder it will be to drive out water. Since you're already stucco coated, I'd go REALLY slow with your curing. You don't want to build up a head of steam and cause cracking.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where's Mikes Pizza View Post
1. I am looking for a waterproof product. Iv already applied my first layer of stucco and am wanting to do a waterproof product then my final color coat of stucco.(is that right?/a good idea?)
Look for a product called Dryvit. It's an acrylic based product with some options on texture. You can also get it in any color you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Serf

Thanks Les. would i use that as my finish coat or do it before i add my finished stucco coat?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It would be your finished coat. Mine has been on there for a couple of winters now and its holding up extremely well. You are further south but about the same elevation as me so you should be able to expect the same results.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Apprentice

you can also look up Sto products... same stuff, different manufacturer. use the primer that is available before you do the finish coat... they tint it to match the finish..
Old 02-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nothing is ever completely "waterproof". The best you can hope for is water resistant. Plan to manage your oven to allow for a bit of moisture from time to time. This may involve some "re-curing" fires after a rainy spell.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Apprentice

If you really want water proof, cure your oven until mid summer, then apply two coats of Multicoat (brand name) concrete waterproofing membrane for pools and spas over your cement stucco. Then apply one coat of Multicoat scratch coat. Then apply Dryvit or Sto primapel tinted base and then apply one coat of Dryvit or Sto colored finish and float out to desired texture with a plastic trowel, then you'll be dialed. But make sure your oven is well insulated and completely cured or the Multicoat will give you all kinds of problems.

Tags
cure, first fire, moisture, stucco, waterproof