Old 12-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Laborer

Default warm dome

I Just finished cooking some pizzas and am getting ready to do a pork shoulder once the temp cools down a bit. Right now the flames are almost out, and i noticed that the side of the dome is warm to the touch on the outside. I have about 4 to 5 inches of insulation all the way around the oven (FB Blanket/vermicrete cladding), so i was getting worried that something may have gone awry with my insulation. It just finished raining here in Sacramento, and try as i might to prevent it, i think my dome may have gotten wet, as i saw steam coming off of it...does this effet my insulation? Any way, does this seem like a problem, or should i just relax lol...
Old 12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: warm dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt916 View Post
or should i just relax lol...
Chillax...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Your oven is wet! And it will be occasionally. It will cause the dome to lose heat a bit faster than normal but...not a biggie.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Laborer

Yeah, i saw the steam coming off of it...i cant wait to waterproof it so i wont have to worry about covering it with a tarp! right now i decided to go for slow cooking my brined pork shoulder...hopefully in a few hours i will have delicious pulled pork. i have the most unprofessional makeshift door haha. its just a piece of plywood that i cut too short so i have to set it on bricks. it doesnt seal perfectly, but surprisingly there is still a lot of heat inside that thing...im gad i built my WFO