Old 03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Proposed door

I've yet pulled out the saw to continue work (supposed to snow again on Wednesday) - found a project that I can do in the cold. The door will be 4 inches thick - the size of my insulation board. I am going to have it cut from .060 stainless steel. The flames will be spot welded onto the face plate, unless I decide to paint them - then I will screw them onto the plate. The whole thing will be put together using stainless pop rivets. The attached drawing is just my CAD concept. What do we think, tacky or cool?

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Proposed door-door-002.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Proposed door

cool bro!

but you need some handles..

flame handles?

by the way.. my wife loves Harleys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Dave - After you mentioned flame handles I recalled that our shop cut flames into a pipe - how cool would that be. Come to find out, it's quite a pain for them to set the laser up to do that so I'm going with some cheesy handles I saw at Lowe's.

If your wife loves Harley's - keep her, she's a good one

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Thanks Dave - After you mentioned flame handles I recalled that our shop cut flames into a pipe - how cool would that be. Come to find out, it's quite a pain for them to set the laser up to do that so I'm going with some cheesy handles I saw at Lowe's.
Well we should all join in the search for flame handles! maybe one of us could come up with some.

Quote:
If your wife loves Harley's - keep her, she's a good one
Definitely... but her hubby is a conservative accountant....
ugh... I probably will never own a Harley! Poor girl...........

My costs:

My pics: