Old 07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Serf

Default Progress pics

I still need to apply the stucco finish on the dome and the block stand but the oven is operational as of last Saturday. I cooked 8 pizzas, but I'm still learning, I had several issues with the first 4, mostly because I wasn't paying close enough attention - I charred them badly , but the dog was in heaven, and she took up station right next to me, anticipating the next burnt offering.

I did manage acceptable pizzas after the first four. But I'm not discourage. The dog and I are prepared to continue to practice, practice, practice.

The next big step is the patio area around the oven
Attached Thumbnails
Progress pics-t_bloc_stand.jpg   Progress pics-t_oven1.jpg   Progress pics-t_oven6.jpg   Progress pics-t_oven9.jpg   Progress pics-t_oven10.jpg  

Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Excellent. I like the tilework, and the way the counter falls into the oven on the side. Nice.

I posted this idea just a minute ago, but my bet is that you are going to get really good at making great pizza -- really fast. And then, all Rover can do is watch. You have a great oven, and you are going to use better ingredients than any pizzeria you can go to. That's the perfect pizza recipe.

Get the oven to 750F. Have a good fire putting flame at least to the center of the dome. Turn the pizza once. And you're done in 2-3 minutes.

Our dogs lick the pizza peels when I forget and set the peel blade-side down.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.