Old 05-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Profile Question

Hi All,

I am planning on making a 38" oven with a 20" interior dome height.

When I laid this profile out, I made the first 3 rings of bricks go straight up, with the 4th ring starting to lean in to make the dome. I thought that I read this was the proper way to make the profile, but now...I am not so sure where I saw it.

I have attached a photo showing my mock up (this mock up was made with full bricks, so I hope it is not too confusing, but I hadn't cut the bricks yet.)

Does this look correct, or should I start bending the arch in sooner? After the first ring perhaps?

Thanks for any advice.

Drake
Attached Thumbnails
Profile Question-dsc_0037-2-.jpg  
Old 05-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Looks good

Drake,

This looks good to me. It's a traditional Tuscan dome. A little higher than the low Naples dome, and an excellent general purpose design. Great at pizza and baking and roasting. The higher dome also allows for a slightly larger oven opening (keeps the right proportions) and lets you get larger things in and out of the oven.

Check out this link for our Premio100 (a 39" oven). Your dimensions and dome shape are very similar.

http://fornobravo.com/residential_pi...premio100.html

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.