Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 AM
Serf

Default Mortar line across courses

Hi I am at the stage of cutting my keystone and closing my dome. I just have a query about my last couple of courses. They have all been placed in without form and each have self supported. But after putting in the last course I noticed that there is a line of mortar running across the last three courses. It's only on one spot and the rest of the bricks have a pretty good stagger. Is this going to be a problem and a site of major cracking? I was going to bag the inside joints but would consider cutting the last wedge out of the last course and making a piece that bridges the gap I concerned about. Is this something to worry about or should I just go with it? Have attached a couple of pics.
Lachy
Attached Thumbnails
Mortar line across courses-image.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mortar line across courses

One is slightly lipped, so it is really two. I wouldn't worry about it.