Old 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Serf

Default Insulating blanket

I am ready to place my insulating blanket and was wondering how to hold it in place until I get the chicken wire mesh installed. I thought about duct tape but was not sure if it could take the heat or if I really needed it?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Insulating blanket

There is probably a very simple way of doing this tucked away in a thread somewhere here, but I just drilled a few holes into my slab and put in some hooked screws using the green plastic 'spaghetti' to fix the screws into the concrete. I spaced these hooks evenly around the perimeter of the dome wall, about 20mm off the brick face. Then I just used some galvanised tie-wire from the local hardware store and fastened the blanket down with that, using the hooks as anchor points. That's one way!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 AM

Hello Greg,

You can just lay the blankets over the dome. They will not move until you install the the wire mesh.

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 10-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Serf

Thanks guys for the suggestions; I am getting close and it is very exciting.

Greg:
Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Tie it up with ordinary string. After your chicken wire is in place, cut and pull out the string.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Journeyman

I found any of the insulating blankets will stay in place and will have minimal movement. I think I wound up using four different brands, I went with the best deals, (ebay,craigslist,on-line orders) to maximize the amount of insulation. You can never have too much insulation! On the other hand I over spent on safety devices as in a respirator etc. You can never filter the air you breathe too much!

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.