Old 02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default The Forno Bravo Door

Here is a photo of the new Forno Bravo door. It is a steel door, painted with heat resistent paint. It is 20"W x 12.5"H at the center and 10"H at the corners. It has a scrolled handle to hold it in place, and pick it up. It is a simple, free-standing door, similar to the one that comes with the Casa and Artigiano ovens.

We picked these sizes so one door could fit all ovens. If your ovening is slightly smaller than this size, but you have a reveal around your opening, you can still slide the door up to close your oven.

I will be adding it to the Forno Bravo Store next.

What do you think? Useful?
James
Attached Thumbnails
The Forno Bravo Door-oven-door.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: The Forno Bravo Door

James,

I think it will be very useful indeed, especially for bread baking. Using it as a template, it wouldn't be that difficult to have a fabricator fashion a draft door as well.

As you point out, it's been a harmonic convergence day. Nice to have.

Jim
Old 02-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Nice to hear. Thanks. Our dealer network keeps growing and we try hard to attract good folks.
I will add the door to the FB Store tomorrow.
James

Old 02-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Here is the link to the FB Door page on the Store. The SKU is iPOD (ha ha), for Installation Pompeii Oven Door.

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Meta...r-p-16240.html

James

Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Apprentice

I wish you had the door when I built my oven James, I'd have loved to just match up to it!

Not that you need any business advice from me (I'll of course give it anyway).... Thought about posting a full size .pdf template of the door in the store? Maybe something that prints on two pieces of paper with some "Cut here" and "Tape together here" instructions? So builder's could build to the opening and then buy the door.

I know, they could buy the door FIRST, but some may be reluctant to do so before they discover their dome's aren't going to really fall in!...

You list the dimensions, but the corners look rounded is all.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Serf

James and all,

Looks like the supply of the pre-fabricated doors has whimpered out. The link in this thread is not working anymore, and the Casa door is not being sold to anyone without a Casa oven.
Any ideas about availability of insulated door for Pompeii ovens?

Regards,
Alec
Old 05-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: The Forno Bravo Door

Alec,
every one who builds a Pompeii usually decides to build their oven opening different and thus requires a custom made door.
There are numerous designs and styles within the forum so it might pay to do a search to establish which way you need to go.
Building one with a good seal and does not drain the heat out of the oven through transmission via metal.
They are really not difficult to make.

Cheers.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 AM

Building a Pompeii Oven to fit a specific door proved to be problematic.

The best solution is to find a local metal shop to make a custom door to fit the oven