Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Apprentice

Smile flue positioning

does the flue need to be on the troat of opening? ,I placed it in the dome between the trasition of opening and dome, and placed a steel trap vent in between the first clay 8" flue 1FT long and second 8" 2ft. clay square flue,will this work, I ran out of landing area only have 1- 9" fire brick lenght left (made oven too large 48" diameter 24" height) some smoke does come out of opening on initial firing with vent open wide, Iam concerned of the heat loss through vent in chimney vent it heats up good I have not tried a large fire yet, any thoughts or suggestions thanks.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: flue positioning

Hi all,

I moved this to the Pompeii Oven forum.

It is better to locate your oven chimney the cooking dome, in the vent area. It will draw better and hold heat inside the oven, plus you can control air flow with your door. The oven won't be able to breath through the vent.

If your chimney and vent is inside the dome, you can trying using a flue damper in the chimney to control air that way.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.