Old 11-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Peasant

Default Draft basics?

Hey guys trying to get ready to design vent size. I'm pulling off of memory but I think I read you get the best draft from going large to small areas. Is that correct. Because I'm so tight I will only be able to brick the inner arch. From ther I have to pour the front arch. The poening is 20" so i was thinking 20" wide x 4" deepx 6" tall. From there taper to a n 8" wide x 4" deep to set the anchor plate. Does that sound like I'm the right track.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Draft basics?

How big a flue pipe were you going to go with and how big is your oven. If I understood your post correctly you will have 8 x4 opening to set your anchor plate on and this does not sound right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Draft basics?

It would be an 8" round. From pics I see it doesn't look like many are deeper than 8". I would use an ancor plate. I'm casting it.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Draft basics?

mikeye15
an 8" round flue will be fine for a 42' Pompeii, running off an anchor plate, but I would have that plate as high above your oven openning as practicable to allow the smoke and gasses to flow in the chimney upwards direction than flow straight out your front arch.
Even if you flattened out the circular flue to a flattened oval, it will still be the same area and should work fine.
I have an 8" flue but a much wider and deeper and also higher void to direct the smoke out and up.
Pics on my build, see below.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway