Old 09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default detailed Vent / chimney photos

Sorry about the newbie question.

I have pretty much figured out all the details except the vent, thanks to this forum and photo's. Am I correct in assuming that the exaust leaves the chamber to reach the vent? I would really appreciate a photo or description of that constuction. Most of what I can find here is the chamber constuction. Also, if a door is used, wouldn't it have to be on the outside of the vent?

TIA

Les...
Old 09-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Buongiorno Les,

Yes, the hot air leaves the oven through the front door, and is exhausted through a vent above the front door. Air is breathed in through the lower half of the oven chamber opening, drawn in a circular pattern through the oven chamber, then pulled through a vent above the door opening. A round oven design draws very well, and smoke is typically not an issue.

The door is left open during fire-in-the-oven cooking, and closed for retained heat cooking.

Hope this is helpful.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:29 AM

Default vent

Just to clarify, a door is used for retained heat cooking, and is inside the vent. Otherwise, it would pull hot air out during baking. In retained heat cooking the fire is raked out of the oven in to another container.

The form of the vent opening is usually some sort of funnel. The easiest method of doing this is to have a vent welded up from heavy gage sheet iron:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/atta...tachmentid=152

You can also make up the vent funnel by cutting fire bricks. They come in "splits" or half thickness bricks that are easier to cut into shapes.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Journeyman

Default Vent details - 1st. picture serie

I made the vent, just by using firebricks. It was an easy work and I like the results.
Following, some pictures showing details
Attached Thumbnails
detailed Vent / chimney photos-launchinarea-polystyrene-model-2.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-launchingarea.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-launchingareamodelling.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-launchingarea-polystyrene-model-3.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-launchingarea-polystyrene-model.jpg  

Old 09-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Journeyman

Default Vent details - 2nd picture serie

Following the vent second pictures serie
Attached Thumbnails
detailed Vent / chimney photos-launchingareavent.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-lintelfluelowerview.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-ventdomeview.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-ventfirstrow.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-ventfirstrowupperview.jpg  

Old 09-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Journeyman

Default Vent details - 3rd pictures serie

Following, the vent 3rd pictures serie
Attached Thumbnails
detailed Vent / chimney photos-ventsideview.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-ventupperview.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-ventview.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-chimneydumper.jpg   detailed Vent / chimney photos-bocahornochimenea-r-.jpg  

Old 09-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks all - this forum is awesome! Arevalo53anos / Dmun, nice job with the picture's, appreciate it.

Les...