Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Serf

Default Darley

Hi guys,

I'm setting out building my oven, and a friend who bought his materials from Darley Refactories in Victoria says he bought their bricks and the floor tiles, which were square, and seem to be whiter in colour and a little bit more crumbly than the pale yellow, quite hard fire brick. He has had issues getting the base of his pizza's hot enough and i am wondering if perhaps these floor tiles, being a different type of brick, are not what they should be.

Does anyone else have any experience with purchasing materials from Darley, specifically the floor tiles. I dont wanna make the same mistake.

Cheers
Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Darley

They sound like insulating fire bricks?
Or, the oven is not cured yet.

I used some darleys many years ago and they did seem soft, I used them in a fire place so dont know about heat retention.

Give Johnny the oven man a call he is in Nunawadding 0451 470 371 he sells everything you will need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.