Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Master Builder

Default Construction material scraps

I'm getting ready to start curing my oven. I know when cooking, it's recommended to use hard wood. How about during the curing process? Will it be OK to burn up some scraps of 2x4, etc from the construction process, or will that stink up my oven. I have a lot of that stuff to get rid of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Construction material scraps

That should be just fine.
Just don't used any treated lumber.
Toxic fumes with them.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Construction material scraps

How about plywood?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Construction material scraps

Just be a little selective as to what you burn in your oven for toxic fumes and residues, but a little ply should not cause any harm.
I would not use much (if any) 'marine' or 'industrial ply' as it 'waterproof' and has a 2 pack adhesive which 'could be harmful' when burnt. If you have a ready supply and would like to use it, then contact the manufacturer for additional information. They must by law have MSDS sheets (material safety data sheets) explaining their products and safety issues etc.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway