Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Serf

Default Brick on Board ?

Do i still need to use the leveling paste (sand & fireclay) on the Insulation board ?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Brick on Board ?

Quote:
Do i still need to use the leveling paste (sand & fireclay) on the Insulation board ?
Not if your bricks sit flat. I didn't use any. If you have one below grade, you could always sprinkle a little there, and re-lay it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Serf

thank you sir
Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Serf

Although my board is level (thanks to a smooth hearth floor) I am finding that all bricks are not created equal I have some very minor irregularities in the height of my floor bricks. Fortunately I'm not too far along when I read this string.

I have some remnants from my wet saw and some very fine sand. I will mix to make an underlayment.

However, before I take that step, is there any harm in just using sand under the floor brick? I'm talking a few handsful probably. Does the brick slurry add a degree of stability? I'm recalling the process when I put down my patio. Just sand and a dead blow to make things level.

Thanks

Greg in RI
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM

The finer powder is less mobile. I set my backyard brick walk in plain sand, instead of the stone dust that's now recommended, and one or two are always sinking down each year. I doubt that sand will be a problem in this case: it's hardly a handful to level the floor on flat board.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.