Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Serf

Default Using Waterproof construction Paper over Insulation

Are there any concerns to putting a Construction Paper layer over the insulation before putting the stucco coat over the dome? I live in an area that gets a LOT of water over the winter months and wanted to add some additional layer of waterproofing to the dome.

What are you guys' thoughts?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned

Default Re: Using Waterproof construction Paper over Insulation

Look at my build and use Alum Foil and it will be Water proof ...Some might say no but it is a good idea and then instead of using fortifed stucco us acrylic latex stucco for you LAST COAT AND YOU will bee 99% golden
Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Apprentice

I used Acrylic Latex for my Stucco Liquid and my dome stays dry.. The only dampness I get is near the floor due to wiking from the cement but I'm hoping to fix that soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

I think the main issue is that you do a good job of sealing the stucco itself to keep water from ever getting to the insulation layer. That way the construction paper isn't necessary.

You can seal the stucco before you paint it, or you can use a latex-based exterior stucco as the final coat. Both work.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.