Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Refractory Cement - Oven

Just wondering if there is any way that one can recondition/resurface the inside of an oven made of refractory cement.

Mine is about 12 years old and is starting to look a bit pitted and layrs are starting to flake off. Is it possible to restore it to a reasonable state? The rest of it is fine so I don't want to demolish it or anything severe.

TIA
Old 04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Refractory Cement - Oven

I did hear that they hot shoot refractory concrete into furnaces so I assume you can refurbish the inside of the oven.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Serf

Default Re: Refractory Cement - Oven

Hi Bricky in oz
I dont know about hot shooting.But I do Know about gunning various Refractory materials because I have done it on a number of jobs. One job that springs up was at Lysaughts on the galvanising furnace I was up in the flues(like a rabbit warren) doing repair work where needed. Where all was good I gunned a silicone product to hold back wear. Dangerous material though.Hope this helps.
Bricks