Old 09-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Serf

Default Premio2G floor problems

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a Premio2G100 and after everything went together, there is a gap of up to an inch between the rear of the floor pieces and the dome. The front pieces fit perfect. I have read a few comments about ash filling in gaps but these seem to be major. Should they be filled in with something or do I need new rear floor pieces?

thanks for any help
Old 09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Premio2G floor problems

I'm not familiar with the design, but perhaps you are meant to have a 1/2" gap all the way around. Ovens, that are designed with the floor inside, rather than on top of the dome leave a gap so the floor can expand without creating outward pressure on the dome. Call your supplier.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Serf

David,
The front section of the floor and the landing are made into one piece which are two halves. They start with the curvature of the dome and wrap around the opening. Once in place they are very tight and have no ability to move forward or backward. The way it's designed, I can only slide the other pieces of floor forward to meet the front pieces...or side to side. This leaves the 1 inch gap in the rear. I'll contact Forno tomorrow.

thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Hello,

Can you please email me photos to review to Heidi@fornobravo.com.

There should be some gapping to allow the floor tiles to expand, over time the gap will fill with ash, you could also fill the same with some fine sand.

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Peasant

Rushour,
I just assembled a Premio 2G110 and found significant spacing between floor tiles and dome. It will take some time before ash fills in those gaps and it seems as though one of my floor tiles is now cracked in 3 places...seems to work ok but someone has their measurements off
Peter
Old 09-09-2011, 10:40 AM

Hello DocHop,

If you would like to send me a photo, and your contact info I can review it and send you a replacement floor tile.

Please either email me heidi@fornobravo.com and or call me at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14.

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Serf

I recently completed a Premio2G, went through the curing procedure and have been using the oven for about six weeks. Last night I discovered that the two largest floor tiles (18x18) in the middle of the oven are cracked. The edges are aligned perfectly so that the cracks don't impede the ovens use but I am concerned. Is this usual?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Peasant

ksmarkel,
My Premio 2G also has the middle 2 tiles cracked in several places as well. I wonder why ? I'll have 2 post/send photos.
Thanks,
Peter
Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Hello Peter,

Floor tiles do get hairline cracks in most cases they are not an issue at all. How long have you had the oven? If you would like you can email me photos to review to heidi@fornobravo.com

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Serf

I attached a link to some photos.

There are cracks in both the right and left center 18 inch square tiles. In Left Crack 01 you can see it faintly running somewhat diagonally from the middle of the picture on the right to the middle of the ash on the left. Left Crack 02 is a closeup. In Right Crack o1 the crack runs from the front middle of the tile toward the back of the oven. Right Crack 02 is a little fainter but you can see the same crack and you can faintly see the left crack. Right Crack 03 is a closeup. The right crack is the worst.

Snapfish: Share:Registration