Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Apprentice

Default Insulating Forno Bravo Door

I have a Casa 100 oven and was wondering what are people's thoughts on insulating the oven door. I was thinking of screwing on some kind of material or insulating board to the door for further heat retention. Anyone's suggestions or experiences?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Insulating Forno Bravo Door

I don't have a FB door, but my door design was "inspired" by it. I did exactly as you suggested and am very pleased with the results.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/k...door-3118.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply Ken.....where did you purchase the Kaowool? And I assuming that is the expanded metal sheet on the inside of the door.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalucca2003 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Ken.....where did you purchase the Kaowool? And I assuming that is the expanded metal sheet on the inside of the door.
Yes, the expanded metal is on the inside of the door. The Kaowool board was left over from my hearth. I would use Forno Bravo board instead of Kaowool if possible. The Kaowool turns to mush when it gets wet.

Updated!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Apprentice

I knew I should have kept that left over piece of SuperIsol. Anyone have any left over they are willing to get rid of my way?
Old 03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Serf

I don't have any Super Isol but I just got some AAC block and I'm sure there will be enough leftover for you to make a door out of. Just let me know. It's super light and very thermal efficient.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dalucca, I have some. Mine is not the superisol, it's Insblock 19. It is 3" thick, but superb to water moisure, and is stable to weight. I will be glad to ship some to you. You may have to cut the piece to make it fit (one into several). My scraps are limited and I will need some for my door and arch wall (support).

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Apprentice

Acoma,

Thanks for the offer. All I need is a small piece for the oven door. Really appreciate your offer if you are sure you will not need the extra piece. Keep up the great work on you oven by the way.

Question off the subject, do you live near Verdi? We have sone friends who live there and occassionally come up there to visit.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

5 minutes away. I live off the 80 and N. McCarren coming into town (NW reno). If you want to pick up the piece when visiting you are more than welcome to.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Peasant

made wy dooor from a piece of soapstone left over from a job. attached a stainless angle to the bottom to keep it vertical . used 2 handles salvaged from a renovation. drilled 2 oak dowels to cver steel handles to keep them cool. door works great .
Attached Thumbnails
Insulating Forno Bravo Door-family-692.jpg   Insulating Forno Bravo Door-family-693.jpg   Insulating Forno Bravo Door-family-694.jpg   Insulating Forno Bravo Door-family-695.jpg