Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Peasant

Default casa 100 install

anybody out there with answers to a couple of super isol questions.

1. do i cut the board to fit under the cooking floor, and how should it be configured ?

2. how do i secure the cooking floor to the super isol board ?

Thanks in advance
tommy
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Master Builder

tommy - the answer lies within.

Q2b: Secure Super Isol to the hearth
You can go to Pizza Oven Installation under the sub group
Getting Started and find the sticky for Super Isol

or you could just hit this link

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/show...ght=super+isol (SuperIsol installation details)

Q2a: Secure the cooking floor to the Super Isol
You do not want to "glue" or adhere the cooking surface (fire brick or the Forno Bravo models) to the Super Isol or any insulating layer. You do want your cooking surface to be able to expand and contract. The Super Isol and the cooking floor do not expand at the same rate thus you need to have the interface of these items to be able to slip. The common mixture to setting the cooking floor is to use a mix of fire clay and sand (no cement) mixed with water. Consistancy close to peanut butter or a thick cake frosting.

Q1: You can either cut the board to fit under the cooking floor and dome perimeter or you can let it extend beyond. One thing you will do is insulate the structure so having the Super Isol extend beyond the perimter is ok. Note that Super Isol will absorb water so your final structure protecting the oven must fully protect the Super Isol from moisture. You do not want the edges of the super isol to be exposed to the elements

Last edited by jengineer; 10-17-2006 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling and missing letters
Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Tommy,

I am pinging other Casa/Super Isol installers for any further practical hints, beyond what has been posted before. I will get back to you if I learn anything different from what is already here.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Apprentice

[QUOTE=jengineer]tommy - the answer lies within.

Q2a: Secure the cooking floor to the Super Isol
You do not want to "glue" or adhere the cooking surface (fire brick or the Forno Bravo models) to the Super Isol or any insulating layer. You do want your cooking surface to be able to expand and contract. The Super Isol and the cooking floor do not expand at the same rate thus you need to have the interface of these items to be able to slip. The common mixture to setting the cooking floor is to use a mix of fire clay and sand (no cement) mixed with water. Consistancy close to peanut butter or a thick cake frosting.

Would it not also be okay to secure the cooking floor to the Super Isol with refractory mortar? That is my plan and was hoping that would be okay. Please let me know otherwise.