Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Modular Refractory Oven Installation

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By james

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Peasant

Default cas a 100 floor

my casa 100 has been up and running for about a year. parts of the floor have gotten a bit rougher than originally installed. was wondering if anyone new this to be normal or if not what to do

thanks in advance tommy
Old 10-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: cas a 100 floor

Hi Tommy,

How is your oven cooking? I hope it's been a lot of fun.

It doesn't happen often, but occasionally a floor will slowly wear down and get pitted. Keep an eye on it, and if it starts to get in the way of cooking, send me an email and we will send you a replacement piece. It isn't difficult to do the swap.

Let me know how it goes.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Our regards to the Godfather of the Forno Bravo. It is great to see that we may reap the rewards of such fascination. James, we should honor the trust he has with you and be glad you may share with us in the states.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Apprentice

On a different subject, as with any oven and cooking pizza's, my landing is starting to show the effects of a few dropped ingredients and outdoor weather. Is there a way to clean the landing safely without damaging it?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Peasant

james,

thanks for the reply, right now it does not affect cooking, if it does how do i change the floor. is it difficult?
tommy
Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Tommy,

It isn't difficult, so keep an eye on it for now -- and we'll see where it goes. Meanwhile, enjoy!
James

Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dalucca,
What is your landing made of? I just finished polishing the concrete on mine today, then hit it with a brick that I use to prop the oven door. Dinged the heck out of it.

-
Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Apprentice

George.....I have two landings. The external one is made from granite and the more internal one is the one which comes with the oven I purchased from Forno Bravo (Casa 100). The one I was referrring to is the internal one. I was just hoping there was a way to clean it safely.

James, I would like to add some information which is mentioned in this thread. My oven is performing amazingly well. It is firing up nicely and it is amazing how it is retaining its heat. The only issue I see is the pitting of the floor as mentioned by "tommy5". Is this something that will have to be addressed one day, or is it more of a comestic issue.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

It shouldn't get in the way of your cooking -- so I guess you could call it cosmetic. I've seen it before, and have basically not worried about it. If it becomes an issue, just give us a call. Otherwise, keep cooking.

I'm really pleased to hear that you are enjoying your oven. It's remarkable how well these guys heat up and cook.

James
twollman likes this.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just a note. I've got a firebrick floor and it has pitted very quickly, though I sanded it after installation. It still works like a champ.

-