Old 10-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Peasant

Default Where to get materials in NW Arkansas?

Hello. I have been wanting to do this for awhile and lately have more time and resources to actually commit to the building of a WFO. I have two delimmas. Shipping from Forno Bravo is insanely high for the kit that I want and the second is... no one local to me carries materials at a reasonable price. (the only thing I have found is 'fire brick' and they dont know the stats on the brick outside of the dimensions... at $2/per) Has anyone in the area built an oven and if they could list a source for materials, that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Where to get materials in NW Arkansas?

hey ark,
I cant help you with a supplier, but ask the ones in your area if they have seconds, sometimes they will sell them off cheaper... give it a shot

cheers
Mark
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Did you try these guys:

Products | ABC-Central Block and Brick | Blocks, Bricks, Retaining Walls, Gardens, Flower Beds, Paths, Walkways, Patio Systems
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Boral brick in Lowell should also have a good line of fireplace materials.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Peasant

I tried ABC Block in Harrison, they were $1.95/brick and they didnt know the heat range of the brick and their salesmen would never return my calls.
My father convinced me today that Hooter's would be a good place to go on a rainy day so I made a few calls and got in touch with ACME Brick there in Sprinfield, MO and purchased 200 firebricks @ $1.09/per. While there I also purchased the fireclay for the hearth bricks.
Everything else I know I can get locally and this was the one thing holding me up. I bought these before I needed them, but they are here in my garage waiting for me to get the slab poured and start stacking block. I'm really getting excited about this now and I cant wait to break ground on the slab.
Thanks for the replies! I have seen some great looking ovens on this site from do-it-yourselfers and this online community is really great with information and support. As soon as I get started I will begin posting my progress hopefully with photos.