Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Serf

Default What type of oven is this?

I discovered this oven in my backyard. When you peek through the door it is empty inside. Like a hollow chimney. 3 feet below the door on the ground is a 18"x4" opening. I'm guessing to clean out the bottom?

I'd really love to put this to use. I just don't know exactly how to start. Does it just need the shelving in place where you open the door or is this not even a wood burning oven? Is it something older and entirely different?

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: What type of oven is this?

Looks like an incinerator that was used for burning rubbish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
Looks like an incinerator that was used for burning rubbish.
That was exactly my first thought. There seems to be a built in grill next to it. Although I agree that it looks like (and I think it is) an incinerator, it's odd they would put a grill with it.

Updated!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Serf

I happen to be new here but that looks like a smoker with a hole at the bottom to let smoke in. Where does the hole in the bottom lead to?