Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Serf

Default Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

Dear All

I have been following fornobravo for the last one year and got to know lot of useful information.

Let me tell about myself. I am techie working in Hyderbad (India).
I always wanted to start a italian pizza restaurant in Hyderbad and after going through lot of information in forno bravo I decided to install wood fired oven.

I really thank you all for your great posts. I need your valuable suggestions for the next few weeks.

I already acquired a property on lease couple of days back. I will get two months rent free period before which I need to furnish my restaurant in every aspect.

The property is on ground floor and the building consists of 5 floors and 2 basements for car park.

to begin with I started to explore for firebricks, insulation etc..locally for the 42" build. Here is my find

I found 40% alumina firebricks that will cost me around 50 cents each. I see insulating blanket measuring 1"X24"X84" priced at 20$.

Here are my initial set of questions. I need your help in getting the following things clarified

1. As the property is on first floor do I need to still go with stand construction with rebars inserted into the cement blocks..or Just brick is okay wih out rebars?

2. I am not sure whether the blanket mentioned in the below link is same as the one desired.

Superwool Industrial Insulation | Commercial Insulation Products. AES Fiber Fibre

3. Can I replace vermiculite concrete insulation under the hearth with just calcium silicate boards.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your valuable advice.

Sanbabu
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

1. Check to make sure the floor is strong enough to take the oven. A 42" is really heavy. I think you should use the rebar.
2. That's the right stuff. Your prices on refractory materials are great, I wish I could get stuff that cheap.
3. Calcium silicate board would be much better than vermiculite concrete and quite suitable.

Check out strivers build, he is also in India with a commercial restaurant.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Serf

Default Re: Starting a Wood fired pizza restaurant..Help needed

Thank you David

I will go with rebars and cal sil boards with out vermiculite concrete for the hearth.

I will start the build with in two weeks and will upload the photos here.

Sanbabu