Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Serf

Default Primavera 60 on bare ground

I am contemplating buying the Forno Bravo 60 and would like information on placing it on bare ground. In my case, I live in the Sierra foothills in California and my terrain is a mixture of rock and clay and it in some places it is impossible to dig in the earth with a shovel. Do I need to lay a pad for this small oven and if so can I get by with something like flat rock some people use instead of concrete? I know it has to be level, but I would think I could do that myself with even my non-existant building skills.

Fred
Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Primavera 60 on bare ground

A flat rock will do fine, but it has to be level enough to hold your insulation. If it isn't dead flat, you can use a leveling medium of fireclay and sand under your insulation board. What form of enclosure are you planning?

Don't even think about plunking your insulation boards down on bare earth.

Does it freeze by you? If so you may need to place your flat rock on a bed of crushed stone, to avoid frost heave.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Serf

Default Re: Primavera 60 on bare ground

It freezes about 2 to 5 days a year and we get almost no snow. What does "enclosure" mean? And what is the differance between sand, gravel and "crushed stone"?

Fred